Fall IBS & SIBO Series
Dates: Wednesday Evenings, October 9th – November 13th, 2019 | 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Location: Kitchen Workshop in the Fred Meyer Stadium Store located at 100 NW 20th Place, Portland, Oregon 97209
Registration: $299 through September 30th, $349 after September 30th
Join Kristy Regan, a local holistic Nutritionist and author of The SIBO Diet Plan, to learn more about small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) and cook IBS & SIBO-friendly, low FODMAP recipes. Whether you’re newly diagnosed with IBS or SIBO or you want to take a fresh look at your digestive health, we welcome you to this six-week class! During each two-hour session we’ll cook three straightforward, healthy recipes together, learn one new culinary skill, dine as a community, and discuss important SIBO topics that can improve your symptoms and long-term health. As part of the class, you’ll receive recipes and other handouts.
Class topics include:
- IBS & SIBO 101
- Diets for IBS & SIBO
- Mindfulness & Motility
- Supplements and Practices to Improve Symptoms
- Living Life Fully with IBS & SIBO
- Healing Phase and FODMAP Reintroduction
Class recipes include*:
- Poached Chicken
- Carrot Puree
- Chicken & Rice Soup
- Strawberry Compote
- Ginger Electrolyte Drink
- Italian Sausage & Egg Scramble
- Raspberry Orange Muffins
- Apple Cider Vinegar & Ginger Tea
- Orange Rosemary Pork Chop
- French Style Potato Salad
- Autumn Spice Nut Butter with Bananas
- Five Spice Baked Chicken Wings with Sesame Dipping Sauce
- Easy Fried Rice
- Sesame Ginger Bok Choy
- Grilled Pesto Parmesan Sandwich
- Curried Carrot Soup
- Nut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
*Many people with IBS or SIBO have food sensitivities. We will try to tailor the recipes to suit everyone’s needs as much as possible but realize not everyone will tolerate all the foods.
Subscribe to the Vital Food Therapeutics Newsletter
Receive recipes, tips and more in the privacy of your email box.