Kristy combines nutritional therapies, lifestyle education and counseling to assist her clients in achieving optimal health and well-being. Having personal experience with a debilitating illness she appreciates how nutrition and wellness therapies support us in healing. She is passionate about sharing her insights and expertise in cooking, nutrition, health, and mind-body therapies.
SIBO Specific Experience
- As part of her Master’s of Science in Nutrition, Kristy completed a 10-month SIBO Internship with Steven Sandberg-Lewis, who founded the SIBO Center for Digestive Health at National College of Natural Medicine (NCNM).
- During her internship she held a SIBO cooking and lecture class at Helfgott Institute, featuring lectures by SIBO experts Dr. Sandberg-Lewis and Dr. Louise Rose, worked with patients and completed SIBO specific documentation under the guidance of Dr. Sandberg-Lewis.
- Kristy has worked with Allison Siebecker, also a founder of the SIBO Center for Digestive Health at NCNM, in formatting her newest version of the SIBO Food Guide, a helpful and popular SIBO diet.
- Kristy works part-time at the SIBO lab at NCNM and has extensive knowledge of SIBO (lactulose) testing, prep diet and reading SIBO results.
Formal Training and Education
- Kristy holds a Master’s of Science degree in Holistic Nutrition. She strongly believes in using food as medicine and that therapeutic diets should be satisfying and delicious. She understands food is most therapeutic when it is organic, local, whole and enjoyed in community. Kristy customizes therapeutic diets to each individual, depending on their specific tastes, belief systems and health needs.
- She is certified as an Embodied Life Teacher and believes that being present and feeling whole leads to healing. Kristy earned her certification as a Feldenkrais Practitioner in 2007.
- Kristy honed her skills in the kitchen at the upscale Berkeley restaurant Lalimes. She now utilizes her cooking experience for recipe development and as Therapeutic Chef for clients who are making dietary changes.
Kristy’s focus is on supporting gastrointestinal health through nutrition and wellness therapies. She believes that, in addition to seeing a doctor, nutrition and wellness practices are a key part of healing both physically and emotionally.
Join the VFT Monthly E-News List
Subscribe today and receive a FREE download of our SIBO Starter Kit.
- Top 10 Tips for any SIBO Diet
- Trader Joe’s SIBO Friendly Grocery List
- Costco SIBO Friendly Grocery List
- One Week SIBO Friendly Menu
- 5-Day Food Diary Form
Then every month you'll receive insights and recipes in the privacy of your own inbox!