Broccoli, like other cruciferous vegetables, can be hard to tolerate for some people with SIBO. If you know you tolerate broccoli well, you can certainly add it to your diet earlier. Lemon juice is a “histamine liberator” but it is tolerated by many people.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
3 cups broccoli heads (no stalks)
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons garlic oil or olive oil
- Steam broccoli for five or more minutes until soft but not mushy.
- Place broccoli in a water bath with ice cubes and fresh water to stop the cooking process.
- After several minutes, drain the broccoli and dry it with a paper towel so most of the water is gone.
- Mix the broccoli heads with the lemon juice and garlic oil (or olive oil if you don’t like garlic oil).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or chill.