Guest Post by Vital Food Therapeutics Nutrition Intern Charlotte Christensen.
Yield: 1 serving
Cook Time: 10 minutes
I don’t know about you but sometimes I get a hankering for a PB&J that I just can’t shake!
Unfortunately, this all-time favorite comfort food isn’t necessarily SIBO friendly as well as being loaded with sugar and refined carbohydrates. Here is a cleaner option that is guaranteed to support your health and quiet your cravings! This recipe is rich in protein, healthy fats, fiber, and antioxidants and makes for a perfect grab-and-go breakfast. As you make your way through the jar enjoy the cohesive flavors of nut butter and jelly, PB and banana, and finish it up with the creamy goodness of yogurt- which is not unlike the classic, refreshing glass of milk needed to wash down a sticky sweet PB&J.
- ⅔ cup White Mountain 24 hour yogurt or homemade 24 hour yogurt
- 1 banana, sliced
- ¼ cup peanut, almond, pecan, walnut or other seed/nut butter
- ¼ cup chia jam or your favorite compote
- Layer ingredients in a clean, glass jar as follows:
- 1st layer 24 hour yogurt
- 2nd layer sliced banana
- 3rd layer favorite nut butter
- 4th layer chia jam
- Add yogurt to the jar first, followed by a layer of sliced bananas. Add the nut butter to cover the bananas and a healthy scoop of chia jam on top.
- Store in airtight jar for up to 3 days. These are a great item to make in advance and take for breakfast or a snack during the work week!