Ok, let’s be honest. Bone broth is great for you, but some people feel a bit blah about the taste. Not to fear, it’s time to take your bone broth to the next level. Try different add-ons for extra taste and nutrition. Here are a couple of combinations to try; feel free to play with ingredient amounts to see what tastes best to you. Once you’ve tried some of these, start making up your own.
Place all ingredients in a blender unless otherwise specified. Remember to always be careful when blending hot liquids! Most bone broths don’t contain salt. Definitely add a bit of salt to your bone broth as it will make your broth tastier and let your other added ingredients shine.
- Chai. Blend 1 ½ cups hot beef or chicken bone broth, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 spoonful Blue Lotus Chai tea or ½ cup weak chai tea, 1 tablespoon coconut cream, oil or ghee. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Green Blend. Blend together 1 ½ cups hot chicken or beef bone broth, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon MCT oil, butter or ghee, and ¼ cup cooked spinach. Top with 1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley or chives. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Sweet & Sour. Blend together 1 ½ cups hot beef or chicken bone broth, 1 teaspoon clover honey, and 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Curry Up. Blend together 1 ½ cups hot chicken or beef bone broth, 1/2 teaspoon dried curry spice, 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger, 1 tablespoon coconut oil or ¼ cup warm coconut milk. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Spicy Lime. Blend 1 ½ cups hot beef or chicken bone broth, 1 tablespoon coconut cream or coconut oil, 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice, ¼ teaspoon hot sauce. Top with 1 teaspoon cilantro. Add salt and pepper as desired.