Chicken Salad A chicken salad is an easy thing to take for lunch. See what’s available in the refrigerator and go from there. What you’ll find below is not so much a recipe as it is a starting point. Try different combinations and get creative! Ingredients:
- 1 cup leftover chicken, shredded or cut into chunks
- Salad dressing of your preference – this can any sort of dressing including olive oil and lemon juice, mayonnaise, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil, probiotic ranch dressing or whatever else you have on hand
- Nuts or seeds
- Fruit such as pineapple, raspberries, blueberries
- Veggies such as shredded carrots, spinach, butter lettuce, radish, steamed broccoli
- Herbs such as mint or basil
- All you need to do is mix everything together in a bowl and eat it.
- If you’re making a lunch or dinner to take with you, you can add everything to a mason jar, putting the dressing on the bottom and layering everything else, placing any lettuces or softer veggies or fruits near the top. When you’re ready to eat, shake it up and enjoy!
Flavor combinations to add to chicken:
- Almonds, raspberries, chopped mint leaves, ¼ stalk celery, lemon and olive oil
- Orange or tangerine, 1/8 avocado, chives, almonds, spinach, sesame oil and rice wine vinegar
- Caesar salad dressing, 1/8 avocado, sliced hard boiled egg, romaine lettuce, and parmesan cheese
- Artichokes hearts (1/8 cup canned is low FODMAP), walnuts, sliced red bell pepper, shredded carrots, bacon, chopped basil, green olives and ranch dressing
- Mayonnaise or 24 hour yogurt, curry powder, halved grapes, walnuts, and butter lettuce
- Spinach pesto (thin with lemon juice and olive oil or yogurt), cherry tomatoes, bacon, and cucumber