Guest post by Vital Food Therapeutics Intern, Brooke Hopfauf.
This warm and comforting cider is wonderful for indigestion and relieving stomach upset. Apple cider vinegar and ginger both aid in digestion by stimulating digestive enzymes and stomach acid. Ginger, in addition, can ease nausea or stomach pain.
- 10 ounces hot water
- 1 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1-2 teaspoons clover honey
- ¼-½ teaspoon freshly grated or powdered ginger
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons Vital Proteins or Great Lakes collagen peptides (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a mug and whisk well until combined.