(Photo by Vital Food Therapeutics Intern Marne Bishop)
Not one, but two people have remarked to me, “These are life changing!” It’s a pretty strong statement so even if they’re not life changing for you, I hope they at least add more variety and yumminess to your diet as a snack or dessert. Homemade pecan butter adds depth to the taste but you can also use any other homemade or store bought nut butter.
This bar recipe is adapted from the Peanut Butter Brownies in Breaking the Vicious Cycle.
- 2 cups pecan butter or other nut butter
- 1 cup clover honey
- 2 eggs
- ½ t baking soda
- Coconut oil or ghee for oiling pan
1. Oil a 9×13 or similar size rectangular pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine nut butter, honey, eggs and baking soda and mix thoroughly.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until middle is set.
4. Remove from oven and cool. Slice at room temperature. Store in refrigerator.