When people first try nuts on a SIBO diet, I recommend they do so judiciously. The nice thing about pecan butter is it’s naturally sweet, so a spoonful or two by itself or with a banana can be very satisfying. Pecan butter is also great in nut butter pancakes and pecan butter blondies.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add pecans to a baking sheet, making sure they are spread out evenly.
- Roast pecans for approximately 11 minutes or until brown and omitting a yummy, roasted smell.
- Remove pecans from oven and cool for approximately 10 minutes or until they are cool enough to handle.
- Add pecans to food processor and process until it turns to butter.
- Stop intermittently to scrape down the sides. Depending on your processor, it will take several minutes.
- Add salt, blend again and then taste and add more as desired.
- Add other spices as desired. Blend until incorporated.
Possible flavor combinations: pecan/honey/cinnamon, pecan/orange essential oil/cardamom, etc. – use your imagination! If you do ok with a little dark chocolate, melt it and stir it into the pecan butter. Amazing!